2 students in court on sodomy charge

KUALA LUMPUR, 6 June 2017: 

Two students of Tunas Bakti School, who were also residing there, today pleaded not guilty to a charge of sodomising a friend, last year.

M. Prabudevaan, 20, and A. Ravichandran, 19, made the plea after the charge was read out separately before judge Datin M. Kunasundary in the sessions court here.

Prabudevaan allegedly committed unnatural sex on the male student, who was then 17 years and four months old, in the bathroom area of Sekolah Tunas Bakti Sungai Besi here in July last year.

Ravichandran was also alleged to have committed the act on the same victim in the detention room of the school at 4.30pm, on Oct 5 last year.

They were charged under Section 377C of the Penal Code which provides for five to 20 years in jail and caning upon conviction.

Deputy public prosecutor Liyana Zawani Mohd Radzi prosecuted while both the accused were not represented. The court set July 6 for mention.

Meanwhile in ALOR SETAR, Mohd Zahri Osman said: “He stabbed my niece repeatedly, as if he really wanted to kill her,” referring to an incident involving a woman being stabbed by her former boyfriend at Jalan Datuk Kumbar here yesterday.

Mohd Zahri, 43, an uncle of the victim, said the 5.30pm incident occurred when his 23-year-old niece had just entered the car after shopping at a store near the scene before the suspect approached her.

“When she got in the car, the suspect opened the car door and then started stabbing my niece and there was no quarrel as reported on social media,” he said when met at the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital here today.

“After being stabbed, she shouted for help but the bystanders did not dare to help her because the suspect had a weapon.

“If she was only stabbed once I may think it was accidental, but she was stabbed seven times.

“The suspect did have the intent to kill my niece and it could be due to jealousy or he can’t accept the fact that they have broken up two months ago,” said Mohd Zahri adding that his niece was in stable condition after undergoing surgery but still traumatised from the incident.

Kota Setar district police chief ACP Mohd Rozi Jidin said police were still on the hunt for the suspect, believed to be still in Alor Setar.

Leave a Reply