Stopped from raping, man throws 4-year-old out of 3rd floor Setapak flats window

KUALA LUMPUR, 29 Nov 2020:

A Nigerian man was arrested for allegedly throwing his four-year-old step-grandson out of a window from the 3rd floor of an apartment in Danau Kota, Setapak, here, today.

The boy was found dead and Wangsa Maju police chief Supt Rajab Ahad Ismail said: “The child’s body was sent to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital for a post-mortem.”

Kuala Lumpur Criminal Investigation Department head SAC Nik Ros Azhan Nik Ab Hamid said the 42-year-old suspect was detained at his house shortly after the incident at about 8am today.

He said the incident happened when the suspect attempted to rape his 24-year-old stepdaughter – who was the boy’s mother.

“The suspect tried to rape his stepdaughter, who was sleeping at that time, but was stopped by his wife and three other stepdaughters.

“The suspect became furious and went on a rampage, hitting and stomping on his wife and four stepchildren in the house.”

Nik Ros Azhan said the suspect hit his step-grandson, before flinging him out of the window in the main room.

He said the suspect’s 49-year-old wife – who saw the incident – then shouted for help and rushed to get help from the neighbours and security guards to save herself and her four other children.

“The suspect tried to escape by jumping out through the window and was injured. He was detained by the public and security guards at the apartment.”

Nik Ros Azhan said the suspect suffered injuries to his hands and some parts of the body and was taken to Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) for further treatment.

Witnesses to the tragic incident claim to have heard loud noises and quarrels coming from the unit before it happened.

Idayu Ismail, 24, said after hearing the loud noises at about 8am, she opened her front door slightly and saw two women – believed to be family members of the suspect – at the staircase in front of her apartment unit pleading for help.

“I heard them asking for help, and looking at the state of the suspect’s wife who was unclothed and covered in blood, I immediately contacted the police.”

Another witness, Maimun Ismail, 41, said he and his sister helped cover up the body of an undressed woman – believed to be the suspect’s wife – and was told the suspect was still with his step-grandson in the house.

Idayu claimed soon after that, she heard sounds of something thumping onto the ground, as her apartment unit was located on the ground floor.

“The suspect was found to have thrown his mobile phone down, and then flung his step-grandson through the window of the apartment unit on the third floor before the suspect himself jumped down from the same window.”

The suspect sustained injuries from the fall, and was subsequently held by the residents and security guards at the apartment building before being handed over to the police who arrived at the scene at the time.

– Bernama