PUTRAJAYA, 23 Sept 2022:
Staying above the 2,000 mark for the second day running, Malaysia’s Covid-19 new daily case reports over the latest 24 hours under review rose to 2,245 persons recording positive tests – with six imported cases – to raise the nation’s tally to 4,826,220 infections.
Selangor (581) reported the highest numbers of new cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur (523), Perak (182), Sabah (178), Negeri Sembilan (137), Sarawak (136) and Penang (103), while double digits were charted in Melaka (91), Kedah (76), Kelantan (70), Pahang (50), Johor (40), Terengganu (34) and Putrajaya (27). Only Perlis (9) and Labuan (8) reported in the single digits.
The 1,901 discharges were outpaced by new cases as total recoveries rose to 4,764,219 (98.7%) while active cases rose 332 to 25,659 – with 24,440 (95.2%) in home quarantine, 1,163 (4.5%) hospitalised and one at Low-Risk Covid-19 Quarantine and Treatment Centres (PKRC).
Numbers at intensive care units were steady at 55 Covid-19 patients, with 35 needing breathing aids.
The grim statistic of lives lost to Covid-19 added 12 more confirmed fatalities to raise the death toll to 36,342, with another seven brought-in-dead cases raising this subtotal to 7,729 casualties. The backlog of around a week for Covid-19 death confirmations is due to testing priority given to healing the living.
Active clusters dipped to 14 out of 7,078 identified todate with the end of an education cluster in Selangor (Pekan Dengkil Sepang) and a Perak high-risk group (Jalan Besar Tanjung 3 Kinta) – leaving the overall tally at three education clusters, nine high-risk groups and two workplace clusters – in Kuala Lumpur (Persiaran Bukit Kiara 3 Kepong), Perak (Jalan Mahawangsa Kinta).
The other education clusters are in:
- Perak (Jalan Kemas Seri Iskandar Perak Tengah and Kota Gopeng 4 Kampar) and
- Selangor (Jalan Dato Tabal Hulu Selangor).
The remainder high-risk groups are in:
- Kedah (Dah Jalan Mendidih Kuala Muda),
- Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Bunga Tanjung Titiwangsa),
- Negeri Sembilan (Jalan Han Hui Foong 2 Seremban, Jalan Tampin Lama 2 Seremban and Taman Bunga Raya Seremban),
- Perak (Jalan Manjoi Kinta)
- Perlis (Jalan Guar Nangka Kangar and Sejahtera Kaki Bukit Kangar) and
- Selangor (Jalan Padang Golf 2 Hulu Selangor).