PUTRAJAYA, 22 Sept 2022:
After staying below the 2,000 mark for the past five days running, Malaysia’s Covid-19 new daily case reports over the latest 24 hours under review rose to 2,111 persons recording positive tests – with five imported cases – to raise the nation’s tally to 4,823,975 infections.
Selangor (608) reported the highest numbers of new cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur (474), Perak (216), Sabah (152) and Sarawak (102), while double digits were charted in Negeri Sembilan (92), Kedah (77), Kelantan (73), Melaka (73), Penang (71), Pahang (56), Johor (40), Terengganu (35), Putrajaya (29) and Perlis (10). Only Labuan (3) reported in the single digit.
The 1,493 discharges were outpaced by new cases as total recoveries rose to 4,762,318 (98.7%) while active cases rose 612 to 25,327 – with 24,169 (95.4%) in home quarantine, 1,101 (4.3%) hospitalised and none at Low-Risk Covid-19 Quarantine and Treatment Centres (PKRC).
Numbers at intensive care units were steady at 57 Covid-19 patients, with 37 needing breathing aids.
The grim statistic of lives lost to Covid-19 added six more confirmed fatalities to raise the death toll to 36,330, with another brought-in-dead case raising this subtotal to 7,722 casualties. The backlog of around a week for Covid-19 death confirmations is due to testing priority given to healing the living.
Active clusters dipped to 16 out of 7,078 identified todate with the end of an education cluster in Perak (Jalan Slim 2 Muallim) – leaving the overall tally at four education clusters, 10 high-risk groups and two workplace clusters – in Kuala Lumpur (Persiaran Bukit Kiara 3 Kepong), Perak (Jalan Mahawangsa Kinta).
The other education clusters are in:
- Perak (Jalan Kemas Seri Iskandar Perak Tengah and Kota Gopeng 4 Kampar) and
- Selangor (Jalan Dato Tabal Hulu Selangor and Pekan Dengkil Sepang).
The high-risk groups are in:
- Kedah (Dah Jalan Mendidih Kuala Muda),
- Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Bunga Tanjung Titiwangsa),
- Negeri Sembilan (Jalan Han Hui Foong 2 Seremban, Jalan Tampin Lama 2 Seremban and Taman Bunga Raya Seremban),
- Perak (Jalan Besar Tanjung 3 Kinta and Jalan Manjoi Kinta)
- Perlis (Jalan Guar Nangka Kangar and Sejahtera Kaki Bukit Kangar) and
- Selangor (Jalan Padang Golf 2 Hulu Selangor).