PUTRAJAYA, 21 Sept 2022:
Malaysia’s Covid-19 new daily case reports over the latest 24 hours under review stayed below 2,000 as 1,667 persons recorded positive tests – with two imported cases – to raise the nation’s tally to 4,821,864 infections.
Selangor (358) reported the highest numbers of new cases, followed by Kuala Lumpur (319), Perak (170), Sabah (158), Sarawak (132) and Kedah (109), while double digits were charted in Kelantan (79), Penang (77), Melaka (57), Negeri Sembilan (52), Johor (51), Pahang (37), Terengganu (33) and Putrajaya (26). Only Perlis (7) and Labuan (2) reported in the single digits.
The 2,028 discharges outpaced new cases as total recoveries rose to 4,760,825 (98.7%) while active cases fell 368 to 24,715 – with 23,577 (95.4%) in home quarantine, 1,079 (4.4%) hospitalised and none at Low-Risk Covid-19 Quarantine and Treatment Centres (PKRC).
Numbers at intensive care units were steady at 59 Covid-19 patients, with 37 needing breathing aids.
The grim statistic of lives lost to Covid-19 added seven more confirmed fatalities to raise the death toll to 36,324, with another two brought-in-dead cases raising this subtotal to 7,721 casualties. The backlog of around a week for Covid-19 death confirmations is due to testing priority given to healing the living.
Active clusters stayed at 17 out of 7,078 identified todate with the overall tally at five education clusters, 10 high-risk groups and two workplace clusters – in Kuala Lumpur (Persiaran Bukit Kiara 3 Kepong), Perak (Jalan Mahawangsa Kinta).
The education clusters are in:
- Perak (Jalan Kemas Seri Iskandar Perak Tengah, Jalan Slim 2 Muallim and Kota Gopeng 4 Kampar) and
- Selangor (Jalan Dato Tabal Hulu Selangor and Pekan Dengkil Sepang).
The high-risk groups are in:
- Kedah (Dah Jalan Mendidih Kuala Muda),
- Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Bunga Tanjung Titiwangsa),
- Negeri Sembilan (Jalan Han Hui Foong 2 Seremban, Jalan Tampin Lama 2 Seremban and Taman Bunga Raya Seremban),
- Perak (Jalan Besar Tanjung 3 Kinta and Jalan Manjoi Kinta)
- Perlis (Jalan Guar Nangka Kangar and Sejahtera Kaki Bukit Kangar) and
- Selangor (Jalan Padang Golf 2 Hulu Selangor).