PUTRAJAYA, 11 Sept 2021:
Recoveries continued to outpace the 19,550 daily additions to Covid-19 infections over the past 24 hours, which has raised Malaysia’s tally to 1,960,500 cases. But there is a concern as the infectivity rate is rising again, with 0.99.
The eight states with 4-figure new cases are Sarawak (3,743), Selangor (2,416), Johor (2,282), Sabah (2,163), Penang (1,865), Kedah (1,390), Perak (1,354) and Kelantan (1,320).
Triple digits were recorded in Terengganu (953), Pahang (722), Kuala Lumpur (555), Melaka (490) and Negeri Sembilan (198).
Fewest new cases were reported in Labuan (2), Putrajaya (24) and Perlis (73).
There were five Malaysians among the seven imported cases, local transmissions were made up of 17,153 citizens (87.8%) and 2,390 foreigners. Of this total, only 265 were hospitalised as the bulk were either asymptomatic or had mild symptoms.
The 21,771 discharges brought total recoveries past a significant milestone to 1,700,733 (86.7%) with active cases further dropping to 242,164 – the bulk of them at 202,142 undergoing home quarantine (83.5%). There were 936 Covid-19 positive patients at intensive care units (with another 311 suspected cases); while 453 Covid-19 patients needed breathing aids (with another 214 suspected cases).
While there was no initial update on lives lost to Covid-19 in the daily report released by Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, the figure was later revealed to be 183, rising to 341 once delayed reporting was added.
There were two education clusters in Johor (Jalan Parit Botak Batu Pahat) and Kelantan (Taman Jaya Chekok Kota Bharu) among the 28 identified today, together with three high risk groups in Kelantan (Jalan Cherang Ruku Pasir Puteh) and Perak (Jalan Gapis Manjung and Jalan Tanjung Rambutan).
The six community clusters are mainly in Kelantan (Jalan Baru Kampung Sungai Bachok, Kampung Bahagia Kuala Krai, Kampung Bechah Kelubi Pasir Mas, Kampung Chengal Batu Pasir Puteh and Kampung Kedondong Pasir Mas) and one in Perak (Taman Desa Permata Hulu Perak).
The 17 workplace clusters comprised:
- 8 in Johor (Ayer Hitam Batu Empat, Industri Air Hitam Kulai, Industri Angkasa Mas Enam JB, Industri PLO 53 Kulai, Jalan Jaya Empat Pontian, Ladang Padang Kahang Kluan, Tapak Bina Bekok-Labis and Tapak Bina Jalan Station Paloh JB_;
- 2 in Melaka (Jalan Sungai Udang and Teknologi Cheng Lot Satu);
- 2 in Penang (Jalan Dua Kepala Batas Perai and Tapak Bina Jalan Pantai Sinaran Timur Laut);
- 3 in Perak (Industri Jalan Perusahaan Buntar and Industri Perusahaan Satu Buntar – both in Kerian, Tapak Bina Sejagop Perak Tengah);
- 1 each in Kelantan (Jalan Pintu Tiga Stadium Tumpat) and Selangor (Industri Dua Jalan Waja 14 Kuala Langat).
The 1,446 active clusters out of 5,087 identified todate made up 1,791 of today’s Covid-19 new cases, close contact screening contributed 10,784 cases and 6,968 came from other screenings.