No travel out of Sabah from Oct 12 to 25 (updated)

KUALA LUMPUR, 6 Oct 2020:

The government has issued a travel ban from Sabah to Peninsular Malaysia, Sarawak and Labuan – following the surge in Covid-19 cases in that state.

While Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob had earlier announced the travel ban takes effect from tomorrow until Oct 20, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin subsequently delayed this measure to Oct 12 till 25 to avoid jeopardising travel plans already made.

“However, special exemptions will be given to certain cases involving emergency, death, essential services and others that will require permission from the Ministry of Health (MoH).

“Those who have received permission must undergo Covid-19 screening by MoH upon arrival at the entry points of their destinations,” Ismail Sabri said in a statement on the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) today.

As for entry into Sabah, he said that permission would be given to several categories, namely Sabahans holding the H code in their MyKad and spouses of Sabahans holding valid Malaysian Immigration passes issued by the Malaysian Immigration Department of Sabah or have proof of marriage and birth certificate.

– Bernama