9 detained after woman’s body found in Pandan Indah

KUALA LUMPUR, 31 July 2020:

Nine men, including three foreigners, have been detained to facilitate investigations into the murder of a woman – whose body was found by the roadside in Pandan Indah near here, last night.

Ampang Jaya district police chief ACP Noor Azmi Yusoff said all the suspects, aged between 20 and 49, were arrested in separate operations that started at 10pm and ended at 2am in Seri Kembangan, Serdang; SEA Park, Petaling Jaya and Sungai Jarum, Kuala Langat.

“Checks found that four of the suspects had been arrested for drug offences.”

All the suspects were arrested following a report received from an Ampang Hospital medical assistant over the discovery of the body of a 28-year-old foreign woman by the roadside in Pandan Indah at around 8.30pm, he said.

“The victim was found lying on the side of the road fully clothed but without her shoes.

“Bruises were found on her neck, right collarbone and several on her body,” he said in a statement today.

Preliminary investigations found the victim was murdered elsewhere and her body dumped at the scene.

The victim’s body was sent to Kuala Lumpur Hospital and a post-mortem will be conducted tomorrow upon completion of the Covid-19 test.

The case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code.

Meanwhile in SHAH ALAM, police arrested an Indonesian maid yesterday – after she was suspected of abusing a one-year-old girl at Taman Klang Perdana, Klang near here, on Wednesday.

North Klang district police chief ACP Nurulhuda Mohd Salleh said the suspect, in her 30s, was arrested at about 1.30am after police received a report on the incident from her employer.

“On July 29 at around 6.30pm, the complainant (employer) heard her granddaughter (victim) crying after her maid had given her a bath.

“The complainant then saw the back, buttocks and thighs of her granddaughter scalded after the maid had bathed her with hot water,” she said in a statement today.

Based on the report, Nurulhuda said the suspect was said to have done so because she no longer wanted to work and wanted to return to Indonesia.

Investigations found the suspect, who started working since November last year, did not have any problems with her employer before this, she added.

“The suspect also does not have any criminal record, she has been currently remanded for four days until Sunday for further investigations under Section 31 of the Child Act 2001.”

– Bernama